Calories: 338kcalPrint Recipe SAVE RECIPEGo to Collections
- 1 14.5 oz can unsalted diced tomatoes - drained
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 skinless - boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil - divided
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped yellow onion
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 1 large orange - peeled and sectioned
- Prepare sauce: In a large skillet, stir together tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, paprika, pepper flakes and bay leaves. Add chicken, covering with sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 8 minutes. Remove chicken and pat dry with paper towels; set aside. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 10 minutes or until the sauce is slightly reduced.
- Meanwhile, in another large skillet, heat 2 tbsp oil on medium. Carefully add chicken and onion. Cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into chicken reads 165°F, turning chicken once and stirring onion as needed to avoid burning. Remove chicken and onion; cover to keep warm. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to same skillet. Add spinach; cook just until wilted. Stir in orange sections.
- Remove bay leaves from sauce and discard. Divide spinach among plates; add chicken and onion. Spoon sauce over chicken.
Serving: 2highs with spinach and sauce | Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 130mg | Sodium: 198mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g